Thursday, September 18, 2008

Time off

I'm so excited about being off for 6 days (or nights--however you want to look at it). You'd think I haven't been off work in ages by the way I am acting! I haven't had one of these LONG stretches in forever and I have lots of plans for good use of my time. First, I have to do the normal daily routine of cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping--ahhh all the fun stuff that comes a long with being a mom and wife!
But afterwards I'm getting started on a long over due project. PAINTING the kitchen. Not only am I painting the walls, I am going to take down the cabinet doors, paint the cabinets and get all new hardware for them...and I have been looking at some tables and chairs. We plan to put the house up for sale next spring so I want to get started on all this redecorating so that hopefully the house will sale fast and we can get something BIGGER!!

I won tickets to three concerts off the radio the other day and one of them is Saturday. Switchfoot and Third Day. It's just two tickets to each concert and don't you know Blake and Garrett both want to go to this one. The first one was Need To Breathe, which I gave away to a girl I work with. The group is a christian band but the concert was at a local bar....I just don't get it. Anyway guess we will draw straws to see who goes with me Saturday.

Easley JV plays BYRNES tonight. Wouldn't you know Jada has cheer PRACTICE so I will miss another game! This makes me so mad. Jada's team doesn't have a game but the head coach called a practice so being the asst coach I have an obligation to be there. If I had not agreed to do this, Gary and I could take turns. The most I have seen of Blake's games is the last half of the game against Pickens last week--and they substituted 2nd string in about the time I got there so I missed Blake playing. GGGRRRR I need to clone myself!
Varsity plays Eastside this week--going to varsity games is so much fun...forgot how much I enjoyed that!

Our church Rock Springs just finished up our yearly Area Wide Crusade. I only got to go Sunday morning and Wed night because I was working but it was great! We got to see some old friends we haven't seen in a long time last night.

Guess that's it for now...for some reason our dinosaur computer is deciding to work today which is a pleasant surprise, so maybe I can get some pics on here now! :-)

No comments: