Sunday, October 26, 2008

WEEKEND

Well after working Friday night and spending the most part of Saturday sleeping, we went to see the final presentation of Death's Door. It's still awesome, no matter how many times I see it.

Today was the 125th anniversary of my church, Rock Springs Baptist. The morning service was great--as usual. I had to leave early from the evening serivice because Jada was sick. She sounds very croupy and had a fever. She is supposed to have a game tomorrow night but she isn't feeling well so I'm not sure if she will make it!

Today was another "trying" day with the kids. Seems the more I pray for patience and the RIGHT thing to say, the worse my relationship with them gets. We go to Nannie's after church this morning for lunch and that's where it started. Of course two out of three kids aren't happy with the decision and all I can think is how blessed these kids are to even get to go out to eat for lunch. How spoiled they are and how unappreciative they are. Then we get there and Blake starts with his teenage "mouth" , which gets under my skin! Seemed like I couldn't say anything right and every time I opened my mouth it I know a lot of my frustration is from other things that get reflected on to them. I looked at Gary and asked him why I spend my days off undo-ing what he has allowed while I was working...the laziness, the disrespect, I dont allow it so when I discipline I am"the mean one". It's frustrating but I guess I'll just keep on praying....

Back to work tomorrow night--the kids are out of school tomorrow so we are ALL home ALL day!! Better pray one more time....... :-)

No comments: