Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The week ahead....

It's Tuesday..I'm off work--finally! I have a million things I COULD be doing and SHOULD be doing right now, but I can't seem to find the energy or drive to get up and do it. There are clothes EVERYWHERE. The other day Gary and I pulled down all the plastic tubs full of winter clothes out of the attic. This wouldnt be such a big deal if the kids didnt grow a foot year to year. So I go through it all piece by piece--who can wear what-what to take to my favorite consignment shop, who do I know that could use these things and what to take to Goodwill....it's ridiculous and to make matters worse this year--I have to keep some things out because Mexico in December will be SUMMER!
Not to mention that the house is a wreck--it seems to be getting worse and worse. I don't understand why I live here with 4 other people yet I am the only one who seems to care!
Jada had a game last night and another one tonight...yeah I'm about ready for this to be over.
I have to work Thursday so I will miss Blake's game but I get to go Friday and I am hoping and praying they let him play again this week!
It's cold today--maybe thats why I don't feel like getting up and doing anything. That and the fact that I woke up at 5am and couldnt go back to sleep...3rd shift messes up my sleeping! I do love my job though! It's amazing that I get blessings from such sick patients. Cancer patients are the strongest people in the world!
I walked in to a room the other morning--early-like 3am and a lady said "I see your wings!" I didn't know what she was talking about so she explained that to her I was an angel and she could see my "hidden wings" behind my back! That made me feel good. I like to think that in some little way I might just make a difference to some of these patients. I not only give them medicine, help them to the bathroom and all the fun things that go a long with being a nurse but I sit and listen to them talk and pray with them...it's a ministry--I truly believe that!

No comments: