Friday, August 29, 2008

Life's not always fair...

I'm writing in Green in support of the game tonight--Go Greenwave!

Last night was Blake's first JV game.they won 2-0..I was off work but had to take Jada to cheer practice and since I am one of the coaches I had to go! I was so upset that I missed his game..I know I am going to have to work some nights and miss games but if I'm not working I want to be there..so tonight we are all going to the varsity game! Hopefully, Blake will get to play some but I seriously doubt it.
When Gary and Blake got home last night Blake told me he didn't start and that this was the first football game he has ever played that he didn't start. After we talked for a while, I found out that a few of the varsity players were pulled down to the JV team and that bumped Blake out of his position! You know, small town politics suck! Blake practices every day and had starting position offensive and defensive and then when it came down to it at the game he was a sub because of varsity players being brought down to JV for the game! It makes no sense to me that when we were in KY Blake was a STAR player and even though he was a lot younger, the high school coaches were looking forward to him playing for them. We move here and he is basically just another player! BLAKE isn't the one who changed so it just makes me sick to think about how this town operates!
But--that is the high school my kids will be going to and we support our kids and the teams they play for! So that being said GO GREENWAVE!!

I have a picture of my children on their first day of school uploaded to my very first blog--I can't see that it is there and I don't know what else to do to get it to show up--any suggestions?

No comments: