Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Is it really that important???

Am I just being ridiculous or what? I have always cared what my kids wear and if their clothes match...if their hair is brushed, teeth are brushed ect...ESPECIALLY at school! This town is so political--it's about who you are, who your parents are-and how much money you make...I'm not trying to keep up with the Jones's or anything--that's not it at all...I think kids have enough crap to worry about in public school now that they certainly don't need to worry about getting made fun of with what they have on!!! Since I have started working and I'm not home to get them dressed every morning this has been a battle..with Jada especially. This year I bought Jada tons of new clothes and shoes for school. She has some of the cutest outfits and shoes to match! In the store, I had her try everything on before I bought it because she has a habit of getting something home and deciding she didnt like it or "it hurts" as she has said since she was 4 years old. Well, today...2nd day of school...I had her clothes, socks and shoes laid out for her this morning. When she came home from school and woke me up the first thing I noticed was she wasnt wearing what I had laid out for her (and asked her approval the night before!!!) She had on OLD tennis shoes that I am only keeping because of cheerleading practice. You should see these shoes--I wouldnt be able to give them away! They are horrible!! Her excuse of why she didnt have on new ones THEY HURT! I immediately got mad. She tried on her new ones in the store and I had her walk around in them for a while before buying them to avoid that statement!!! I am ALL about comfort but you can MATCH and BE COMFORTABLE!! And that was the whole reason for trying things on FIRST!!! She also didnt have on the shorts I had left out...Her shirt and shorts didnt even match! I am furious and embarrassed. Aren't children a reflection of their parents-???-I SURE dont want her teacher thinking I put that together!!! Gary doesn't have a clue when it comes to clothes and what matches ect...I've gone 'round in circles with him about that since Jada started school....I gave up hope with him but there's still time to teach Jada!!!! I told Jada the next time she walks in the house with something on other than what I left out for her (and she agrees to) the night before, she will be in BIG BIG trouble. So-she starts sobbing! Great way to wake up after a horrible night at work and only 5 1/2 hours of sleep! Well, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong-but for now I don't think so.

No comments: